Tuesday 27 November 2012

Sunday cinema club- Alice in Wonderland



image: fanpop.com



This is a film that I have been meaning to watch for absolutely ages, but I was a bit worried that my daughter, who is 7, would be a bit scared. I shouldnt have worried though, she absolutely loved it and now has a bit of a crush on Johnny Depp. Which is better than One Direction I suppose.

Image: wired.com

I just love the colours and the craziness of it all. There's that definite Tim Burton feel to it which I just love and it's amazing how children just take this sort of thing in their stride without batting an eyelid. My kids love all sorts of really surreal stuff now. The weirder the better!

 Helena Bonham Carter is a fantastic queen of hearts, although I must admit that I find Anne Hathaway a bit...drippy. I still havent got over her destroying one of my favourite books, One Day by David Nicholls.

Image: quicksilversanity.blogspot.com


Since she watched the film, my daughter found a free copy of  Alice in Wonderland on my kindle and we have been reading it together in bed. Last night we were laughing about the Caucus Race, when you can start and finish whenever you feel like. I think I would be quite good at that one. I'm loving the chance to revisit my favourite books from childhood with her.

wanelo.com




No comments:

Post a Comment