Wednesday 25 April 2012

Raspberry vodka minatures

In about 6 weeks time, I am going off to Brighton with some friends for a girly weekend away. Although it will feel strange to be away from the little ones, I'm looking forward to it.

In preparation, I am just starting a new batch of raspberry vodka that we can drink in our hotel room before we go out dancing. I'm thinking that it will make some lovely campervan cocktails too.

In true Blue Peter Style, here's some I made earlier. This is the last few bottles from my Christmas production run. Whoops, I may have accidentally have drunk half of one of them!


Anyway, it's dead easy to make and tastes rather lovely too.

So I took a half full bottle of Vodka (I used Smirnoff as we had some lurking in the cupboard, but any brand would be fine I think), and then I gradually posted in half a bag of frozen raspberries and 1 dessert spoon of caster sugar. I think I posted the raspberries into the vodka over the space of a week. I find frozen works best as they dont seem to disintegrate into the vodka. Each time I added a few more raspberries, i shook the mixture and then replaced it in a dark garage. This helps to get a nice, bright red colour if you keep it in the dark. I also added the sugar slowly, as i wanted to take the edge off the sour taste, but didnt want it to taste sickly sweet either.

Then after 6 weeks, strain the mixture, decant into minature bottles and voila! Bottoms up :

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this sounds like it tastes flipping gorgeous!!

    Nic xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely, when you sniff the bottle you get an amazing aroma of raspberries! It is great with lemonade but I'm hoping to make some cocktails with it too.

    ReplyDelete