Saturday 21 April 2012

Lovely day.

Last night, we decided to get up and take the kids out for the day, whatever the weather was doing. Mr S suggested the RAF Museum at Cosford, as this is somewhere he has happy memories of as a child and he thought it would be fun for the kids. I wasnt too sure and so suggested we visited a National Trust property, as they have a free weekend on. Then we decided to do both and I found Attingham Hall in Shropshire was taking part in the free weekend, so we had a plan.

I have to say, both my daughter and I were pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed the RAF museum. It was very impressive to see the old planes in such close detail and there was a great learning area for children, where we learned about how to drop food parcels on a drop zone from a moving model plane, drive a model spitfire and sit inside the cockpit of a jetplane. There's also a huge Cold War exhibition, although I didnt get to see that bit as I was in charge of my toddler. My daughter, who is 7, accidentally let slip that she thought it was "really cool". It was a great trip out, especially as it was free of charge.




Then we went straight onto Attingham Hall. It did throw down a few showers but that didnt stop us from having a lovely, lovely time. Lots of jumping in puddles, climbing up trees, running around the amazing walled  vegetable garden, watering the soaking wet flowerbeds and playing a mouse hunt in the mansion itself.





I cant say I've ever thought about joining the National Trust before, as I'm not really a fan of walking around posh old houses, but we all had the best afternoon we've had in ages. If you get a chance to go tomorrow, I would recommend giving it a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment