Wednesday 22 August 2012

14 days to turbocharge your life- days 1 and 2

So, as I wrote in my last post, my 37th birthday marked a bit of a turning point and a decision that it is time to start taking care of myself a bit better.

Spurred on by the success of a work colleague, I have started the Jason Vale 14 days programme. Basically, you have a nutrient filled, green smoothie for breakfast, a nutrient packed, green soup for lunch (or you can have another smoothie if you want) and then protein with salad or stir fry for dinner.

I'm currently at the end of day 2. Yesterday I was feeling extremely enthusiastic, cleaned the house in the morning and crashed and burned with hunger by 4.30pm. I didnt cheat but I made my dinner by 5pm on the dot! I fell asleep by 9.30pm and had some extremely vivid nightmares!

On Day 2 I woke up, feeling as though I had been on a late night drinking session and the hangover was just about to start. However, after a nice glass of green smoothie, I felt much better. I still dont feel entirely full as my body is used to having biscuits out of the tin ad infinitum, but my body feels cleaner, lighter and (dare I say it) a little bit healthier.

This is the recipe for the Turbo Power Smoothie. It sounds pretty disgusting, but actually it's not unpleasant to drink.

Juice

1/4 cucumber
1 celery stick
a handful of spinach leaves
1/2 pineapple
4 golden delicous apples
1/4 lime

then blend 1/2 avocado with some ice and add to the juice.

When I got home from work, the rain was absolutely chucking it down and there was thunder and lightning. I really didnt fancy getting my running gear on, but luckily for me, I have a 7 year old personal trainer who told me to get changed. The rain stopped and I did a 3 mile run (with walks in between) whilst she rode her bike, giving me encouragement and sips of water from her bottle.

I think my husband thinks I have gone mad! I have changed from a serial cake muncher to a health nut lol.




2 comments:

  1. Well done! I think I need your little personal trainer to get me off the sofa too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! Tonight she has given me the night off. Phew...

    ReplyDelete