Thursday 3 May 2012

Thursday night tunes!

There is an amazingly cool Mum at the school gates, with a rockabilly quiff, bright red hair and huge biker boots. I'm sure that would be a common occurence if you live somewhere bohemian like Brighton or Glastonbury, but not so much in the Birmingham suburbs! Anyway, it turns out that her partner plays the double bass in Imelda May. I know the band a bit, but as I was feeling curious I did a quick search on youtube and I found this song. I love it, it makes me want to leap around in a muddy field with a glass of wine in my hand!

Imelda May- Johnny Got a Boom Boom


I wonder if they could be persuaded to play a gig at the school fete next month? I especially love this song because I used to play the double bass at school. I was inspired to start lessons because a) all the guitar lessons were full and b) I had seen the Every Breath You Take video by Sting and I thought I would be able to play stuff like that. Unfortunately I gave it up after 5 years, I wonder if I carried on if I would have had the chance to play funky tunes like this instead of Star Wars and Ode to Joy?

This weekend, we've got some fun ahead. On Saturday, I have volunteered to take part in a Gardening party at school. Not the Pimms and cucumber sandwiches variety, more aggressively tackling the raised vegetable beds and clearing the weeds. I'm quite looking forward to it. Hope the weather is kind to us though.

Then we are meeting our friends for a picnic and mountain bike in the park and on Sunday we are going to see a gig! Very excited about that.

Hope that you have lovely things planned for the weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment