Today has been a busy day! I dropped my kids off at the childminders, headed to Homebase and bought a huge tin of white paint to redecorate my bedroom. I had great visions in my mind of it being completed by the end of the day... a cross between a minimalist health spa with a bit of sixties/ seventies retro thrown in for a bit of colour. I was feeling Eco friendly so opted for the Eco paint, which promised no fumes, low carbon footprint and happy vibes.
Unfortunately when I got home, the Eco paint is very thin and watery. It splattered all over the carpet ( past the old curtain I had chucked on the floor), and even after 2 coats it looks terribly patchy. So in a bit of a huff, I went back to Homebase to buy some non-Eco friendly Dulux Timeless Once paint, which is what I should have bought in the first place. But it's a slightly different shade of white to the other stuff, so I need to carry on painting tomorrow when it's light again. Sigh.
So when I turned to my iPad with a cup of tea in my hand, I was delighted to see that Jen from Little Birdie has nominated me for a Liebster Award. This is my first award, from one of my favourite blogs ever so I am very chuffed! If you have come over here from Little Birdie, I would be thrilled if you decided to follow my blog as I could certainly do with some more.
"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
So here are my 11 random facts about me...
1. I own a bright yellow campervan called Phoebe.
2. I spotted her whilst waiting at a red light after I went shopping for some new shoelaces for my Dr Martens.
3. Despite being terrified of heights, I once bungee jumped off the highest cable car in New Zealand
4. My current favourite band is "The Lovely Eggs", who write very silly songs. They are described as a cross between Sonic Youth and Coronation Street.
5. My other favourite band is First Aid Kit.
6. I am currently training to be a family therapist and as part of my job, I get paid to draw pictures, tell stories and bring families closer together.
7. If I wasn't doing this job, I wanted to be a primary school teacher.
8. I have an irrational love of all things yellow. It makes me happy.
9. Both of my children are named after Thomas Hardy novels.
10. David Bowie once trod on my foot at Glastonbury Festival.
11. Inspired by Little Birdie's goth disclosure, I went through a grunge phase as a teenager, dyed my hair pink, wore huge German Army boots, stripy tights and nightdresses to Uni. If I wasn't almost 40 I would do it all again!
Here are my answers to Jen's questions...
1. Bourbon Cream or Custard Cream? Close call but custard for me.
2. Camping or luxury hotel? Definitely camping, but as each year goes by, I acquire a few more camping accessories, so my van is evolving into a luxury hotel on wheels lol.
3. My favourite word is resilience. No matter what life throws at us, it's our ability to bounce back that counts.
4. What smell do you like the most? My little boys head when I've just washed his hair and he is snuggled on my lap.
5.What is the worst Christmas present you have ever received? We once received a rotating cat which played "all kinds of everything" by Dana. But I have to say, the kids adore it...
6. What is your favourite season? Summer definitely, sunshine, camping and music festivals with the kids... Happy days.
7. Lego or playmobil? I love a bit of Harry Potter or Star Wars Lego. playmobil looks great but it's a bit of a faff to build.
8. Who is your favourite actor? Most of my favourite characters are animated, so that's hard. But I am really enjoying watching Sherlock with Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch in it, so I will say them for now. Or Fred Astaire.
9. Bright colours or pastel colours? Now this is tricky, because what I really like is a bright colour next to a pale colour. So bright yellow next to grey. But if I had to choose, I would say bright. I have all the style of a 6 year old.
10. What would be your ideal day off? My ideal day off is going to an art gallery with my husband, eating a Vietnamese meal and then watching a film at a local cinema which is 100 years old.
11. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Porridge, as long as I could alternate the toppings and have it with bananas/ blueberries/ gingerbread/ raspberries/ home made jam/ seeds!
I would like to pass the Liebster award onto the following people, whose blogs I enjoy and admire very much...
Scraps of us
Rainbow Vintage Home
A bushel and a peck
Karma and Cupcakes
I need curtains for the windows in my head
the happy caravan
mrs eliot books
things that have caught my eye
Here are my questions for you..
1. What is your favourite object which is more than 20 years old and why?
2. What did you want to be when you were little?
3. What was the first song that you bought?
4. Which band would you like to see live?
5. Hairy chest or hairy toes, which is worse?
6. What is your favourite sweet?
7. Describe your favourite footwear.
8. What inspires you?
9. Cats or dogs?
10. What is the most romantic thing anyone has done for you?
11. If you were on a desert island discs, what would be your luxury item?